Permaculture incorporates land, resources, people and the environment through mutually beneficial systems and relationships. By design it looks to imitate the no waste, closed loop systems seen in native and natural systems.
While Permaculture systems can be applied in both rural and urban environments, our specialty is on Urban Permaculture Education and Design. If you are new to the concept of Permaculture, imagine a system that incorporates agriculture, water harvesting renewable energy, natural building, forestry, waste management, animal systems, aquaculture, appropriate technology, economics and community development.
Permaculture was co-created by David Holmgren and Bill Mollison. The name “Permaculture” is believed to have been formed by Bill Mollison which means “Permanent Agriculture”. When you hear the term “Agriculture used in reference to Permaculture do not confuse this with broad acre monoculture cropping. Permanent Agriculture or Permaculture can be applied to properties from a tiny courtyard to a half acre town block through to hundreds of acres of traditional farm.
We offer a comprehensive Analysis, Concept Development, Planning & Education system for you and your property:
- Stage 1: Initial Questionnaire and analysis (Your property now and your vision for the future)
- Stage 2: Advice and Research on the suitability of the plants you wish to grow
- Stage 3: Concept plans – Up to 5 variations of potential element layouts for your property
- Stage 4: Final Design – A hand drawn plan that provides a birds eye view of the design you choose
- Stage 5: Follow Up Support – We can guide you in the implementation of the design and give support as your system develops.
Please click here to visit our Permaculture Lifestyle Website for Permaculture Articles, Further Information or to Start the process by subscribing to Stage 1.